MalaMala Game Reserve COVID-19 Terms and Conditions
Updated: 29 November 2021
These terms will remain in place until such time restrictions impacting inbound and outbound travel into Southern Africa are lifted. When the latter occurs, any booking still to travel or made under the auspices of these terms and conditions will be replaced by MalaMala’s Standard Terms and Conditions.
MalaMala Game Reserve COVID-19 related travel conditions:
- The South African Government imposes a travel ban and guests are unable to travel.
- The government in the guests’ country of departure or origin imposes a travel ban and guests are unable to travel.
- The government in the guest’s country of origin OR South Africa imposes a mandatory
quarantine of 36 hours+ and guests are unable to travel.
- International flights are cancelled, and guests cannot travel.
- If MalaMala Game Reserve must close due to Covid-19 reasons.
- Reservations may be deferred without penalty.
- MalaMala will honour the existing 2021 rates for all deferred bookings effective for travel to 31 March 2022.
- MalaMala will honour the Pay 3/Stay 4 specials as follows:
- 10 January – 31 March 2022
- 01 November – 15 December 2022
While the “Covid-19 related travel conditions” apply:
- There will be no penalty for international reservations cancelled within 21 days of arrival date.
- In the event of a cancellation 21 days or more prior to arrival, the following cancellation fees will be levied.
5% cancellation fee if cancelled more than 60 days prior to arrival
25% cancellation fee if cancelled less than 60 days but more than 30 days prior to arrival 50% cancellation fee if cancelled less than 30 days but more than 21 days prior to arrival
- In the event a guest tests positive for COVID-19 and can provide the relevant medical certificate, the reservation may be deferred.
- Names and date changes on all deferred bookings are allowed to facilitate the transfer of bookings.