Please email cv applications to : email@example.com
Reports to: Managing Director
Manages: Finance Department
· Process and assist with monthly journals/invoices where required.
· Oversee Daily/Weekly capturing and checking of transactions from ResRequest.
· Update and post all cash books.
· Managing cash flow requirements.
· Monthly review & reconciliation of General Ledger accounts to ensure accurate record keeping.
· Maintenance and update of Fixed Asset Register.
· Provide monthly support to HOD’s with regards to monthly and annual spend analysis trends and comparison to budget.
· Produce monthly management accounts including balance sheet reconciliations in an accurate and timely basis. Including but not limited to bank reconciliations, debtors, creditors and inter-company accounts.
· Report and distribute monthly management reports to agreed time scales.
· Develop annual budgets in collaboration with the management team and HOD’s.
· Oversee the payroll function and ensure that payments are made to individuals, SARS, Provident Fund and Medical Aid etc.
· Liaise with Pastel, PowerPOS and Sage consultants on system and process queries.
· Process and reconcile Johannesburg supplier invoices and payments.
· Calculate amounts due for external suppliers and request invoices i.e. Tomsa, Community Levy.
· Review and approve bi-weekly and monthly supplier payments.
· Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements relating to financial control, financial management, accounting statements (IFRS) and basic taxation.
· Ensure appropriate external audit arrangements are in place and manage the audit process.
· Ensure implementation and adherence to finance policies, procedures and systems across all teams.
· Ensure internal control processes and procedures in finance are correct and efficient. Audit processes and procedures on a regular basis and recommend improvements where relevant.
· Conduct frequent training and development with current staff within the department.
· Daily update of rate of exchange for reservations and camp.
· Monthly update of ROE on Pastel/operating system.
· Daily update of ZAR receipts for reservations and camp.
· Oversee the Outsourced IT Service and act as point of contact for Johannesburg office.
· Assist when required with company secretarial function and any legal matters
· General ad-hoc office management requirements.
· Relevant financial degree or equivalent, completed Articles and or CA(SA) will be advantageous
· Hospitality experience will be an advantage
· 5+ years in a similar role.
· Strong management including communication skills.
· Extensive knowledge of various ERP systems especially Pastel Accounting
· High level understanding and experience within the financial value chain.