MalaMala Game Reserve is seeking an experienced Camp Manager with sound business acumen to be responsible for the management and coordination of Ratray’s Camp incl. all guests and staff. The successful incumbent will be an experienced Camp Manager with sound business acumen to be responsible for daily communication with senior management, connecting all departments in a cohesive manner, interaction and management of all guests, human resource management in consultation with the HR Manager, daily administrative tasks and task distribution, budgeting and financial management, management of HODs, project(s) management, handling of emergencies and maintaining sound business partnerships.
Qualifcatons and experience
- A qualification in Tourism & Hospitality and/or Hospitality Management an advantage
- First Aid level 1 (Minimum)
- 3 – 5 years of 5* African Safari Camp/Lodge management experience is essential
- Some experience in Food & Beverage is required.
- Familiarity of vehicles & buildings maintenance
- Valid driver’s licence and PrDP
- Computer literate ( Ms Office) internet and stock control systems
- Fluency in both written and verbal English ability is essential.
- Managerial skills and ability to make sound decisions.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and be guest-and service-orientated.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently and practice effective time management.
- An empathetic appreciation of the needs of all MalaMala Game Reserve guests.
- Strong work ethic, ability to work long and flexible hours.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Be a hard-working, problem-solving multi-tasker.
- Be a proactive, positive team player.
- Be energetic and enthusiastic.
- Demonstrate sound crisis and emergency management.
- Excellent guest and staff conflict management.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful