MalaMala Camp is a haven of understated luxury combining warm comfort and superb service with unrivalled views of the Sand River and surrounding bushveld. It is truly a place of legends where rare photographs, old maps and extraordinary mementos rub shoulders with the works of renowned contemporary wildlife artists.The camp is an unfenced oasis in the middle of the bush.
- A warm and inviting lounge area – an ideal place to relax or socialise
- An elegant, African themed air-conditioned dining room
- The iconic “Buffalo Bar” featuring historic photographs of the early days of MalaMala
- An expansive wooden safari deck, in the shade of a Jackalberry tree, overlooking the Sand River.
- An air-conditioned library with satellite television and DVD player – affectionately known as the “Monkey Club”
- A traditional reed “boma” for evening meals around the fire.
- A large filtered infinity pool with magnificent views across the river
- A well-appointed safari boutique with quality clothing, jewellery and artefacts
- A small fitness facility with stationary bicycle, treadmill, multi-gym machine, rowing machine, sit-up benches, pull-up bar, free weights, and mats
- A massage service
- Mobile phone coverage (MTN) and complimentary wireless internet connectivity are available at all the MalaMala Game Reserve camps
10 luxury suites, 8 luxury rooms, 1 luxury single suite
- Single Room – 40m2
- Luxury room – 55m2
- Suites – 85m2
- Decks – 15m to 20m2
Age restriction: Children of all ages are accepted. Children of 5 years and younger are not permitted in the boma for dinner or on game drives (unless parents have booked a private vehicle). A babysitting facility is available at a nominal fee.
Capacity on game drives: six guests per safari vehicle
- Private decks or verandah with a view over the Sand River or a waterhole
- En-suite bathroom with private toilet - the suites have both a bath and a shower whilst the luxury rooms only have a shower
- 24-hour temperature control – air-conditioning, heating and overhead fan
- Direct dial telephones
- A mini-bar
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- A mini-safe
- Bathroom amenities, insect repellent and hairdryers
Family rooms able to accommodate a third adult or two children are available on request.
We are no longer able to confirm and guarantee the choice of a waterhole view or a river facing view and any individual room requests are subject to availability on check-in.
- Luxury Suite: en-suite bathroom with bath, shower & outdoor shower
- Luxury Room: en-suite bathroom with a shower only
As the number of rooms reflected on the availability calendars below are not the full inventory of available rooms, we recommend that you contact us should the space required not be available on the online calendars.